Wednesday, June 13, 2007

IS IT JUST ME???



OK, So I'm watching 106 & Park for the first time in a loooong time (mainly because we all have had the songs weeks before they actually make it to BET), and I was disgusted with the lack of talent on there. Not the hosts, I think Rocsi and Terrence do an "ok" job with that. I'm talking about the videos on there. I don't know what the A&Rs are thinking signing half of these assclowns. Let's take a look at the countdown.

Lil Boosie f/ Foxx & Webbie "Wipe Me Down" - Are we serious with this shit? First of all the video looks like I made it on a PC using FlashPlayer with the cheesey "swipe" transition effect when they "wipe it down." The hook reads "cause I'm on (wipe me down)" which repeats EIGHT times. I don't even know what the hell "wiping you down" entails, but I think I'll pass and I'm sure any female with half a brain would pass on the offer too. Not to mention they jacked some of their ideas like the line "I pull up at the club VIP gas tank on E but all drinks on me." Sounds a little bit like "Got a quarter tank of gas - in my new E class (In my E-Class Benz), but that's alright, cause I'm gon' ride" from the Big Tymers. Come on. Be original.

Yung Berg f/ Junior "Sexy Lady" - Who are these guys and why do they have deals? The concept for the song and the video is completely unoriginal. This guy is awful.

Pretty Ricky f/ Sean Paul "Push It Baby" - OK, these guys need to give it up. They were never hot and they never will be. And Sean Paul needs to stop it too. I'm not gonna lie, when I'm drunk in the bar I dance to his songs, but when listening to them sober they all sound way too similar and are so wack. This video is SO gay with their capes and masks.

Lloyd "Get It Shawty" - Decent song, but come on...Rocsi said it was the 48th time it's been on the countdown. Let's get some new songs on there...O wait, they need to keep it b/c all of the other songs out rite now BLOW.

Fabolous ft NeYo "Make Me Better" - Nothing bad to say...Classic track from a classic album...In stores TODAY. Cop it.

Shop Boyz "Party Like A Rockstar" - "Totally Dude." That's all I have to say. Heard one southern dance song, heard them all. Monotone flows all the way through and all the guys in the group sound the same. Without catchy hooks these type of southern groups would be nothing.

Kelly Rowland ft Eve "Like This" - Besides "Make Me Better" this is the only other good song on the countdown.

Hurricane Chris "A Bay Bay" - I almost don't even wanna comment on this because I'm so frustrated that I just lost 3 minutes of my life. This dude is like a lab experiment to mix bow wow and mystikal gone bad.

50 Cent "Amusement Park" - We already know how I feel about this song. Comparing your penis to an amusement park is ohso clever. Almost as clever as comparing it to a magic stick. I think someone should make a song about that...O wait, 50 already did. He better bring some heat on "Curtis" otherwise he's gonna fall off harder than Eminem did.

DJ Khaled "We Takin Over" - Again, song has been on the countdown for almost 2 full months now. We need some new songs. Not gonna lie, it's a hot song, but I saw DJ Khaled on Rap City the other day and dude is strange.I found out he didn't produce the majority of songs on his mixtape so I don't really know what he does. O well.

T.I. "Big Things Poppin" - After hearing the remix with Fab, Swizz, and Cassidy and seeing how hot it was it kinda took away from the oringal song. The beat sounds like every other Mannie Fresh beat and the verses sound like every other T.I. song.


Where are the clever punchlines and complicated rhyme schemes that got me hooked on rap music...seems like people think a good beat and a catchy hook can make you famous...and the thing that makes me sick is that the labels and networks are reinforcing this idea by putting them on. Other than "Make Me Better" and "Like This" I did not hear even one clever line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The countdown shows of today are horrible, and BET is the worst offender. Luckily you and I know where to find real hip/hop and not these 3 dollar mixtape knockoffs.